Harveys began trading in 1856 as wholesale stationers in Queen Street, Edinburgh. By 1912 we had become a limited company and began a long process to become the company we are currently – evolving through innovation for the future.
In the late 1940’s, Harveys acquired Raeburn (a poster printing company), the Ludgate Company (manufacturers of loose leaf books) and Warwick Screen Printing. This created a large company with an expanding product offering to our growing band of customers. The company relocated to larger premises in Georgian Edinburgh to reflect its growing stature.
During the 1960’s the company had outgrown its manufacturing base and a decision was made to move to a brand new custom built facility at Loanhead. During the late 1960’s and into the 1970’s Harveys moved with the times and invested in growth areas of Plastic Welding and Screen Print. We still occupy this building today, albeit an extended version of the 1969 building!
Throughout the 1970’s Harveys became a major manufacturer of flexible PVC book covers for major worldwide publishers and this range continues today where we compete globally on our research and development of flexi-covers
In 1984 Harveys acquired Hillhead Vinyls – a competing company based in Glasgow and this match formed the bedrock for the company we are today.
This heritage gives us a lead over our competition – we’ve been trading successfully for over 150 years by innovating and working in partnership with our customers.
But what’s passed is the past – you can be involved in our future.
Harveys focus on the environmental impact of our processes and pioneering new materials combined with digital technology makes us one of the most dynamic companies in our market – both for today and tomorrow.
Want to be a part of our evolution? Please contact us either here or direct on 0131 440 0074 where our specialist UK sales team are pleased to assist.